Monday, December 8, 2008

Allen's Shout-out

Since Cameo has been keeping this up a lot better than I have, I feel the need to give a little shout out to myself...
It's actually more like an update. But I'll include Cameo as well with a couple recent activities...
First, I recently started an internship. It's basically supervising noncustodial parents on visits with their kids. It's paid and it's perfect for my future plans for graduate school. I'll have to change jobs at the MTC due to the internship (I'm going to become a tutor next semester) but I'm so grateful that I get to stay at least. After I had my interview and got hired, I felt overwhelming grateful and here's what I wrote in my journal that day as I received yet another blessing.
"As I look back on the past few years of my life (which has included some major decisions and events), I realize how much the Lord has guided my life and blessed me so much more than I ever would deserve or think to deserve. So many things have seemed to just fall into place without much effort of my own. I recognize that my life is truly in the hands of the Lord (see Mormon 5:23). The Lord is so good to me."
Although every day hasn't been "easy" per se, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Cameo and I have been blessed far beyond anything I could have ever imagined. We continue to enjoy each day, to be more and more in love every day and look forward to the rest of our lives together...the hills and the valleys and all.

I recently competed in DanceSport (the Ballroom Dance Competition) again in the Rumba. I had a great time as always. Unfortunately, no pictures this time...
Cameo threw me a surprise birthday party a couple of days before my birthday. We went to a BYU volleyball game and randomly Cameo HAD to come home to do her seating charts. Luckily, I was submissive to her seemingly ridiculous urgency and came home to some great friends and a good time. My wife is the best.
We recently had our Ward Christmas Party. Good food, good music, and good company = a great party
Here's a picture with our Bishop and a good friend Jon.

Here is our little Christmas tree that we borrowed.
Most recently, we attended the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and walked around afterwards to admire the beautiful lights on Temple Square. We went with our fabulous friends the Mannings. Afterwards we drank hot chocolate. It was a great evening.
Check below for updates on my ultimate frisbee championship and thanksgiving. Don't forget to watch our music video if you haven't done that as well (it's below)!
We're excited to see our families in a couple of weeks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful attitude! I love seeing Cameo every week... but Matthew and I miss being with both of you! We must do something together soon!